Thursday, August 07, 2008

Long Overdue and a Recipe!

As usual I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted! Life seems to get the best of me and honestly I so enjoy reading other peoples blogs that I forget about my own. I got some really cute pictures of little Miss. Lainey the other day so perhaps Michael can help me post them soon!

Here is a recipe that our family really enjoys. It is a hit with the adults and kids. I love it because with food prices going up it is a wonderful way to use a more inexpensive cut of meat!

Annie Weber Chicken

9 chicken thighs bone in skin on
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce (I use Braggs Liquid Amino's)
1/4 cup brown sugar or honey
a few dashes of cayenne pepper depending how spicy you like it

Place the chicken in a 9x13 pan and broil in the oven till it's browned on top. While broiling the chicken mix the orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper together. When chicken is finished broiling pour mixture over it and place back in the oven. Bake at 350* for one hour. Serve over rice and make sure you spoon some of the juice over it.

I have doubled this recipe with no problems and have even substituted lime juice when I did not have orange juice.

5 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm so glad you have one as well, maybe one of us can remember to keep in touch haha :) Are you expecting another little one?! Congrats, if I read your previous post correctly :) We're doing good, kinda homesick but good. I will definitely be trying this recipe by the way! Take care!

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, that sounds yummy AND easy. My favorite combo.

How are you feeling and doing??

in Him,
Gfg

6:37 AM

 
Blogger The Gossmanns said...

Hooray! I love a good Charlsie recipe! Can't wait to try this out. Is this the bar-b-que-esque dish we had at your house? Jeff loved it...

I miss you TONS. Been trying to call you all week, but you know how that goes! LOL.

Miss you. Give our love to the kids.

2:26 PM

 
Blogger The Gossmanns said...

I think I just used good ol' Betty Crocker. The icing definitely was NOT home made! Ha ha!

8:45 PM

 
Blogger The Gossmanns said...

Sorry to leave 15 comments on your blog, but just wanted to thank you for posting this recipe. I made it tonight for Jeff and his mom and they both loved it. Gabe did, too!

Keep them coming!

7:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home