Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chore Chart

I was recently introduced to a wonderful product that while new to me has proved incredibly useful to many families for many years. Thanks to the new homeschool group I have been blessed to be a part of I was able to purchase this product. It is a childrens chore system that makes keeping track of chores simple for mother and child. I have not actually implemented mine yet as I just recieved it last night but my kids are already excited about starting it! One reason they are excited is that they earn tokens and then they can redem the tokens for prizes. And the beauty of the prizes is that they can be simple and cost very little or nothing at all. Some ideas I have for prizes are paint toe nails, read with mommy, play a game together, watch the kids ride their bikes, stay up late and watch a movie, eat a cookie....your list can go on and on.

The chores are all on individual cards that get moved from a hook to an I Did It box. They have some pre-made cards as well as blank ones you can use to make your own. When I get it all set up and going I will post back with an update and let you all know how it is going!

Oh and the package says it is for ages 4-8 but I am using it with my 3 year old Maddie and I know some other people are using it with their older children just to get them in the habit of chores. I encourage you to check this out and let me know if you decide to climb on board!

3 Comments:

Blogger ~kristi said...

keep us posted! Especially about the 3 year olds progress!

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Grateful for Grace said...

HOw's it going?

9:15 PM

 
Blogger The Pennington Point said...

I just found your blog....I'm excited! I have more posted about this same chore system,; you'll love it! http://livingmybestlife-lisa.blogspot.com/2008/10/more-chore-ideas.html

8:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home